New Utility Billing Software for the City of Johnson City
Starting June 1, the City of Johnson City will begin rolling out a new utility billing system that will help residents manage usage and make payments more efficiently.
The City of Johnson City will launch a new online portal at www.johnsoncitytx.org. This new system will be Johnson City’s first implementation of a new utility billing system in more than 20 years. Residents will still be able to pay bills in person or they can register online for the convenient and user-friendly access to account information and usage data.
Here is what to expect from the new system:
- New Account Numbers- Every customer will have a new account number. This account number will be on the upper right-hand corner and lower right-hand corner of the statement.
- Transaction fees: When paying your bill with a credit card/debit card there will be a 3% fee added. If paying with an Electronic Check (E-check) there will be a $1.00 fee assessed. You can still mail or drop off payments at City Hall with no transaction fees. Transaction fees will take effect July 1, 2020.
- Online Portal- Every customer who has previously used the PayClix portal will have to register on the new site with your new account number to access: payment processing functions, water usage, and important messages from City Hall. Please contact City Hall and we can help walk you through the setup and registration process. https://www.eonlinebill.com/bapp/johnson/indexl
- Paper Statement- Every customer will receive a new type of paper bill. We have moved from the postcard size bill to a new letter-size statement with detailed water usage for the last 12 months. Once you register on the new online portal you can opt to receive only electronic statements.
- Auto-Pay- Current auto-draft customers will need to set up a new auto-pay account on the new portal.
- 24-Hour Drop Box- Customers will still be able to drop off payments using our dropbox. We ask that you do not use the drop box when paying cash.
- Regular Mail- Customers will still be able to mail check or money order payments to City Hall, P.O. Box 369, Johnson City, Texas 78636.
If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact City Hall at 830-868-7111.