History of Johnson City

hometown

Johnson City was the hometown of President Lyndon Johnson and was founded by James Polk Johnson, nephew of Samuel Ealy Johnson, Sr. and uncle to President Johnson. James Polk Johnson donated a 320 acre site on the Pedernales River for the founding of the town in 1879. The county seat of Blanco was moved to Johnson City in 1890.

Close window
Feedback